Pages

AMA Designs

AMA Designs
AMA Designs

Wednesday 19 March 2014

Research Project Artefact 4

Research Project Artefact 4



Mobile Web Apps - Testing
From my last artefact I came to a conclusion that I wanted to test mobile web apps in different browsers to see if they work they same on different browsers, I also found out that they Mobile Web Apps only work on smartphone screen sizes, I want to test the mobile Web App on a tablet and it did not work it went to the normal website.

I tested Facebook on iPhone4s and on a Samsung Galaxy. I tested on ten people in my family.

Iphone4s testing results

Testing Facebook on the iPhone4s people were happy using it, they found it easy to use across all the browsers but on the opera browser it was not working very well and the design was different from the other browsers, this is because the browser was not updated to handle Mobile Web Apps. One problem was coming up that on all the browsers it was slow to load up the content but on Firefox it was taking double the time from the other browsers to load up.
One browser that was good on both platforms was “Dolphin browser” it was really good, the browser was fast and very user friendly.
All the browsers need to be updated to handle the Mobile Web Apps, so if a Mobile Web App is not working well on a browser is the browser fault not the Mobile Web App.


Iphone4s testing results screenshots

This across all of the browsers as you can see there is not much of a difference between them, they all look the same.





Iphone4s testing results screenshots




Samsung Galaxy testing results 


Testing Facebook on the Samsung Galaxy, I had the same responses as I got for the iphone4s testing everything was the same, but on the Firefox was crashing and not working very well at all and opera browser was the same as it was on the iPhone.
This across all of the browsers as you can see there is not much of a difference between them, they all look the same.



Samsung Galaxy testing results 


conclusion
I tested Facebook “Web App” on Apple and Android platforms, I wanted to see what would be the differences between the different browsers and to see if the Web App works the same way as the Native App works.
I tested Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Dolphin and the default browsers on both platforms. I also went to see that if the Web App works on a tablet size screen and it did not work on a Samsung Tab and on a iPad, so by doing this testing I have found out two new things that I was not aware of before I did this testing, one is that the Web Apps are similar across the different browsers and the other one is that when they have designed a Web App is only for “Smartphone” Screen sizes.
I have found out that it is not the Web App fault that on some browser it may not work properly, it is the browser fault that it does not keep up to data with the new Web App codes, browsers need to be be updating the browsers so they can make the Web Apps useable and user friendly.
Most browsers are up to data to handle the Web Apps and browsers are working very hard to be able to handle Web Apps because I believe the future would be using Web Apps than native apps.
For my next artefact I will be trying my best to make a very simple Web App and I will  see how hard it is to make and to see if it works the same across the different browsers.

No comments:

Post a Comment