Pages

AMA Designs

AMA Designs
AMA Designs

Sunday 2 March 2014

Research Project Artefact 1






For my first artefact I thought that I should do an online questionnaire as a start to my research project, I think by doing this questionnaire it has helped me to carry on to my next artefact.

In my questionnaire I have got different mixtures of results, for example, I have found out that in some of my questions there were big gaps between the figures and in some questions there were small gaps between the figures. The total responds I got was 68.


1st Question - This is the result for my first question, these results show me that 42 people were in the age group of 18-24 (61.76%), then 25 people were of the age group of 25-34 (36.76%), theses results show me that 18-24 was the most age of people who took my questionnaire.



2nd Question -  From the responses I got from this question it looks like the male gender was more then female gender that took my questionnaire, this shows that 42 people (61.76%) were males and 26 (38.24%) were females

3rd Question - This question is about asking people what operating system they are running on their mobile devices, this shows me that from 68 respondents, 42 (61.76%) of theme were running Apple IOS, 42 (45.59%) were running Android IOS, 17 (25.00%) were running Blackberry IOS and 0 for Windows Phone IOS.



4th Question - This question is about to see how many apps they had on their mobile devices, these responds show me that 28 (41.18%) had 21-30 apps, 22 (32.35%) had 11–20 apps, 9 (13.24%) had 1-10 apps and so on. This shows me that a lot of people have between 21-30 apps on their mobile devise, which that is a lot.



5th Question - This question is to find of what type of apps are most used by people, I got a mixture of different results, as I can see the top categories were, 1st Social networking apps, 2nd Entertainment apps, 3rd Games apps, 4th Utility apps and so on.

         This shows me that a lot of people are using Social Networking apps more than any others apps.



6th Question - This question is about to see how many apps do people add in a week, this shows me that 46 (67.65%) people would add 1-10 apps each week, 20 (29.41%) people would add 11-20 apps each week and 2 (2.94%) people would add 21-30 apps each week.
         This shows that a lot of people add apps to there mobile devise, but comparing this question with my above question that I asked how many apps did people have on there mobile devise, so this shows the people do add apps but they don’t keep them.


7th Question - This question is to see if that any of the apps that people used had a website? This shows that 64 (94.12%) said Yes and 4 (5.88%) said No.

8th Question - This question is linking with the above question, I want to see if that any of the apps that had the website were they responsive or not, this shows me that 9 (13.24%) websites were responsive, 31 (45.59%) websites were not responsive and 28 (41.18%) were not sure.


9th Question - This question is to see what do people prefer to use? Apps or Responsive Website, 39 (57.35%) Said Responsive Website and 29 (42.65%) said Apps.  This shows a small gap difference between what people do prefer to use, overall people would prefer to use Responsive websites than Apps.



Conclusion


Overall these results show me a mixture of different results, the survey has showed me that the overall people would prefer to use responsive website, but I personally think that this results could change on my next artefact.

This survey shows me that the age groups of 18-34 people are using this new technology generation, but I believe that that also other age groups use this new technology but this survey shows me that younger age groups have taken this survey.

In the different app stores in both Apple IOS and Android IOS they are thousands off apps but people use a specific choice of apps, from my survey this had showed me that Social Networking Apps 1st, Entertainment Apps 2nd, Games Apps 3rd,Utility Apps 5th and so on.

Also people add a lot of apps from time to time but from these results it has showed me that people do add apps but they don’t keep them on forever, they do keep certain apps that they use on daily bases but not the ones that they use occasionally

My next artefact is going to be test few Apps and Responsive Website on people to see what they think when after testing the product, I believe when you physically test something it could be different when your are imagining it.

I have looked to see which Apps have a website also if they had a website if it was responsive, I found out that not a lot of Apps did not have a website or it was not Responsive.

These are the few apps that I have found and also will be testing for my next Artefact.
·      BBC News
·      Starbucks
·      Pinterest
·      Flicker
·      Instagram
·      Facebook
·      Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment